Sarasota and Bradenton have some of the best and friendliest dog parks in the area. If you want the best for your dog, Sarasota can offer just what you need. Here are some parks located in Sarasota County that allow pets. County Ordinance prohibits pets at any other park locations.
Charlotte Paw Park
Paw Park offers two fenced-in areas for dogs to run off leash, one for big dogs, another for little dogs. There is a playground for kids outside the fence, picnic tables, a water hose and water bowl, and public restrooms. Address: Located on the corner of Edgewater Drive and Harbor Blvd. Charlotte Harbor
Features: 8-foot fence, 3 acres, benches, tables, handicap parking, poopbags, trees, parking, restrooms (a short walk outside park,) water and trash cans. Has a separate area for small dogs and a separate doggie “time out” area for rowdy dogs. Address: 51st St. West at G.T. Bray Park, Bradenton, FL Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: http://www.geocities.com/happytailspark/
Features: Offers 6′ fenced area, benches, tables, handicap access, poop bags, many trees, parking restrooms, water, trash cans, dog shower, bulletin board, small dog area, double gated entrance. Address: 7150 Lago Street, Sarasota, FL
Brohard Paw Park
Brohard is a dog friendly beach with dog drinking fountains, showers on decks for dogs only, fire hydrants and leash posts. Also, the fenced dog play yard leads to the only beach area in the county where dogs are allowed. Address: 1999 Harbor Dr S Venice, FL, US 34285
Other Dog Beaches
- Bird Key Park – on John Ringling Causeway (on the way to St. Armands Circle, just east of the bridge) is Sarasota’s only beach allowing dogs and cats.
- Ken Thompson Park – 1700 Ken Thompson Parkway, on City Island by Mote Marine Laboratory
- Bay Front Park – at U. S. 41 & Ringling in the Marina Jack area
- Gillespie Park – 710 N. Osprey, Downtown at Gillespie and N. Osprey
- Arlington Park – 2650 Waldemere Street (trail area only)
ALL ANIMALS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEASH IN THE ABOVE PARKS.
Other Dog/Paw Parks
- 17th Street Park – 4570 17th Street, east of Beneva Road, west of Honore Avenue
- Woodmere Park – On Jacaranda Boulevard 2 blocks north of U. S. 41
NOTE: There is also a very nice dog park at LAKEWOOD RANCH, at The Village of GreenBrook, that adjoins the Adventure Park there. However, it is for residents only, but if you’re a dog lover, you may want to consider that area! The park requires a card key to enter.